well, its been a while.
* I found out today that I have enough credit card points for a plane ticket! this is a big deal. super exciting. where should I go??? my thoughts: Tejas? DC? LA? So hard to decide...
* Finals have descended upon me and are, as always, no fun. Only a test and a take-home left...
* I might ski this weekend. You should probably start praying now.
* ooh - I got the chance to see Trans Siberian Orchestra!! thanks to a good friend, I got to see the light show, the pyrotechnics (FIRE!) and fabulous music... it was so beyond fun. it SNOWED in the Pepsi Center!! if you ever get the chance... do it. thanks to Justin!!
* in 2009, I have plans (already) to see: WICKED in Chicago (!!!!), John Legend, and Andrew Bird. how fabulous is that?
* I have been really big into rebates these days. I said this the other night to my friends and got a big laugh... but I'm serious! I have gotten 3 checks in the mail from rebates. who's laughing now?? coupons too. somewhere along the line, I got a little bit frugal. go figure.
Sunday was a good day. I got to teach Sunday school with my lovely friend Allison... and I tell you, there is just nothing like a 3 year old to make your whole day. Quote of the week, from Peyton, age 3... She said, just with the brightest little matter of fact voice, "Underpants! That is a funny word! You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna go back in the room, and I'm gonna say underpants. And then everybody will laugh!" And you know what? Everybody did. Dreams do come true.
Finished Sunday by getting the chance to go serve at the Denver Rescue Mission... I tell you what, nothing is more humbling. I got to serve cake & pie - and it was just great. I was completely covered in frosting and pie filling by the time they all filed out... worth it. It made me so sad that I am so silly so much of the time. That I have so much but I am so ungrateful! Needless to say... I walked with a little more pep in my step today. With all of their smiles filing through my mind, Joy has come a little easier. I hope to go back more in the future... hold me to it, ok?
songs I'm loving:
mostly Christmas music... well, only Christmas music. lets be honest.
AND, though, a little bit of the Billboard Top 100 too (thank you, Sarah) while I write papers. it pumps me up.
and lastly, on my heart today, is C.S. Lewis:
“It would seem that our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling around with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at sea. We are far too easily pleased.”
Isn't that so true? The slums are no fun. Let's say yes to a holiday at sea.